Nate celebrated the big 2.0 with a Hungry, Hungry Hippos-themed party.
1. Balloons (red ones from Polka Dot Market) tied with pompom yarn.
2. Fabric from Ikea in embroidery hoops made great cheap wall decor.
3. The amazing cake by SuperJen, some color-coordinating candy (that may or may not have been H'ween leftovers) in my thrift store compote. Frame from Ikea.
4. Bonus fondant hippo bathing in Sixlets, also courtesy of SuperJen. His bib is my favorite part.
5. A close-up of the cake.
6. Hippo cookies courtesy of Auntie Andrea, from this perfect sugar cookie recipe.
7. Labels for drinks: water-resistant vinyl for inkjet printers from this awesome site.
8. Color-coordinated adult beverages.
9. Favors: mini colanders (HomeGoods/Marshalls) with white cheddar snowballs (polka dot bags here,) hippo finger puppets from Imogene's Tea Garden, and reusable fabric sandwich/snack bags in the hippo fabrics from The Silver Bobbin.
Family and a few friends brought donations for the food bank, dined on a pasta bar and sweets, played with the ball pit and hat collection, and made it a party to remember for our little man.
Nate's hippo on bicycle shirt from DarkCycle.